Disclaimer: Footage is from our sister development only a few miles away
LOCATION AND SIZE
Just moments away from the edge of Winnipeg in Lorette is a new master-planned development, consisting of 48 oversized 2-acre residential lots. Petite Pointe is a subdivision nestled along the riparian edge of the Seine River and is located just south of Deacon’s Corner in the R.M. of Taché.
Petite Point is a planned community with architectural design guidelines to promote a beautiful community. A short 12 minute drive from the city, Petite Pointe offers homeowners the perfect balance of city reach and country living.
Check out some of our other developments:
Nature & Community
Petite Pointe offers more than country estate living. Living at Petite Pointe allows you total quiet at night and a dark prairie sky ablaze with stars. It’s the sound of frogs coming from the river and the bird call of the house wrens visiting your backyard feeder. It’s long walks or bicycle rides along the quiet countryside roads that crisscross the Lorette countryside.
- Seine River: With some lots fronting the Seine River – you have the opportunity to build your dream home on riverfront property!
- Lorette Community Complex: has baseball fields, soccer fields, and an arena. The community centre also offers karate, basketball, pickleball, hockey, ringette, and curling.
- Tennis courts
- Walking Paths: along man-made lakes in Danylchuk Park, and throughout Community Spirit Park
- Bibliothèque Tache Library
- Lorette Spray Park
- Quiet Enjoyment: All the lots in Petite Pointe are large, 2 acres in size. Plan a pool party or invite the neighbours over for some smores over the open fire in the privacy of your backyard
- Schools: The schools are part of the Seine River School Division
- K-8 : Ecole Lorette Immersion – French Immersion
- 9-12: College Lorette Collegiate – French Immersion or English Program
- Lorette Golf Course – Nestled on the banks of the Seine River, Lorette Golf Course is a relaxing place to tee off and “putt” all your troubles away.
- Grocery; Co-op Food Store
- Business; Home Hardware, Red River Canoe & Paddle, Village Insurance Brokers Lorette
- When can I start building?+
- The road will be going in Winter 22/23 with the anticipation that construction will be able to start in Summer of 2023
- When do homes have to be completed?+
- You need to start construction on your home within 3 years of purchasing the lot, once you start construction you have 1 year to finish your home.
- Can I choose my own builder?+
- Yes, you can choose any builder you like, however, you will need to follow the Architectural guidelines.
- How do I buy a lot?+
- Contact either Mike Fast at 204-381-1136 or Paul Marsch at 204-392-1017 for an offer to purchase or to answer any of your questions.
- Where can I find the Architectural Guidelines?+
- They can be found on the link below this section.
- What if the home I want to build doesn’t fit the guideline?+
- The main purpose of the Architectural Guideline is to ensure a beautiful neighborhood. The guideline cannot cover every architectural style but the Developer can approve a beautiful non-conforming plan. Please send us your plans or ideas for pre-approval.
- What type of servicing does Petite Pointe offer? +
- Petite Pointe offers underground hydro, street lights, MTS, and high-speed internet. You will need to add a septic field and well.
- How much does a septic field and well cost? +
- There are many factors that play into the equation (type of field, contractor, etc.) but we have had quotes for septic fields in the $20,000–25,000 range. The cost for drilling a well will vary depending on the depth, we received a quote that puts the cost of the well between the range of $4200-$6300 plus $500 for grout depending on depth. Well depths can vary so talk to your well driller about the variables.
- Do I have to pave my driveway?+
- No, there is no requirement to pave your driveway.
- Is there a minimum size I need to build?+
- Yes, the minimum size for a bungalow: 1400 s.f. and for a two story home it’s 1800 s.f. (excluding decks, garages, porches and decks)
- Can I have a detached garage?+
- Yes, you can have a detached garage of up to 1,000 s.f. and no more than a 10’ wall height.
- Do I get garbage pick up? +
- No, garbage pick-up is not provided by the RM, however, residents can arrange for recycling pick-up with the RM of Taché.
- What school division is Petite Pointe in? +
- Petite Pointe is in the Seine River School Division. French-Immersion and English are all available options. K-8 in Lorette is French Immersion and 9-12 in Lorette has a dual track program, offering both French Immersion and English.
- How big are the lots?+
- Each lot is 2 acres or larger.
- Is Petite Pointe flood protected? +
- Petite Pointe is engineered with flood protection to the 1 in 200 year flood level. A dyke / berm will go around the perimeter of the development. The berm will also be a nice feature for some weather protection, and landscaping feature. It ranges in height from 4.5 and 5.5 feet.