Minutes Away From Winnipeg
Just moments away from the edge of Winnipeg in Grande Pointe is a new master-planned development offering 41 beautiful 2-acre estate-sized lots with paved streets to your new home. The Grande is a community for those looking for that breath of fresh air and a getaway from the city without the drive that is usually associated with luxury oversized lots.
Nature & Community
The Grande offers more than just an amazing place to live. It's a quiet place to have your coffee and watch the sun rise; it's a place to cozy up to the fire and share a laugh with new friends.
Large lots are becoming extinct in the City and with the average size shrinking by the year The Grande offers a truly unique option, offering estate lots without the need to drive any gravel roads. Our inspiration for the development was stately acreages that dot the landscape amongst beautiful trees. This is why there are Architectural Guidelines so that your investment will be protected for the future. More details about the guidelines are outlined below in the FAQ section.
• Fresh air: Breathe in and relax in your quiet 2-acre space, away from the ‘busy-ness’ of the big city.
• Treed lots: Enjoy nature, with trees and grassland next to the river.
• Less traffic and a safer place for families.
• Fun Fact: Did you know that Grande Pointe is a very popular place for people to cycle and it's common to see people getting their workout in for the day.
• No wires: Underground hydro, gas and fibre-optic internet mean NO UNSIGHTLY wires
• Near Winnipeg: You’re never more than a few minutes from Winnipeg attractions and events.
• Only 10 minutes from Sage Creek, south of Winnipeg.
Looking for a river front lot or a treed lot? The Grande at Grande Pointe backs onto the Seine River and has both treed and river lots available. Grande Pointe is also protected by a dyke surrounding the community. Call now to secure your lot and escape to the serenity and community of The Grande in Grande Pointe.
- When can I start building?+
- The streets are paved and many families have already moved in. There are also numerous homes are already under construction.
- When do homes have to be completed?+
- You need to start construction on your home within 3 years of purchasing the lot, and once you start you have 1 year to finish your home.
- Can I choose my own builder?+
- Yes, you can choose any builder you like, but you will need to follow the Architectural Guidelines.
- How do I buy a lot?+
- Contact Mike Fast at 204-381-1136 for an Offer to Purchase or to answer any of your questions.
- Where can I find the Architectural Guidelines?+
- They can be found on the link below this section.
- What if the home I want to build doesn’t fit the guidelines?+
- The main purpose of the Architectural Guidelines are to ensure a beautiful neighborhood. The guidelines cannot cover every architectural style, but the developer can approve a beautiful non-conforming plan. Please submit your plans or ideas for pre-approval.
- What type of servicing does The Grande offer?+
- The Grande offers underground hydro, gas, MTS, and high-speed internet. You will need to add a septic field and well.
- How much does a septic field and well cost?+
- There are many factors that play into the equation (type of field, contractor, etc.) but we have had quotes for septic fields in the $20,000–25,000 range. The first home that is under construction drilled a well to a depth of 175 ft. which cost the customer $25/ft plus $250 for grout. Well depths can vary greatly so talk to your well driller about the variables.
- Can I have a detached garage?+
- Yes, you can have a detached garage of up to 1000 s.f. and no more than a 10’ wall height.
- Do I have to pave my driveway?+
- No, the streets are paved, but it isn’t a requirement to pave your driveway.
- Is there a minimum size I need to build?+
- Yes, the minimum size for a bungalow is 1600 s.f. and for a two-story home it’s 1950 s.f. (excluding garages, porches, and decks).
- Do I get garbage pick-up?+
- Yes, garbage pick-up is provided by the RM of Ritchot.
- What school division is The Grande in?+
- The Grande is in Seine River School Division. English, French and French-Immersion are all available options. K-8 in Île-des-Chênes and 9-12 in Lorette. If you have children in a Winnipeg School Division and would like to keep them in there you would need to contact your current school/division to find out about eligibility.
- Is The Grande flood protected?+
- Grande Pointe is completely flood protected. The dyke is along the railroad track and the PTH 59 and Mondor Road is feet above the 1997 flood levels.
Get to Know Us
Schinkel Properties is a full service development and property management company that specializes in property management and leasing services for Southeast Manitoba, including Winnipeg and Steinbach.
We have built a reputation of honesty, integrity, and responsibility over the many years we have serviced the development and property management industry.Visit Our Website